Improving Radio Range
Range can be improved in many ways, not all will be an option to you. What can be achieved depends on what your activity is:
- Moving to higher ground, even a few metres will help on open country.
- Getting into the open, a few metres away from buildings will help for outdoor radio systems. Licence Free (PMR 446) or Licenced Radios. The right choice here may help.
- Using Base Station Systems will help with virtually all systems tied to a geographical location.
- Using Repeater Systems will help with virtually all systems tied to a geographical location.
- Digital, see Digital vs Analogue Range radios give a perceived better range.Even choosing VHF or UHF radios may help.
Click on the links to read more about the Pros and Cons of each system.