- For High and Low Noise
- Power 7v to 24v
- Hubless. No central controller
- Adhoc Wiring Plans
- Long cable runs 500m plus
- Three core cable. Unscreened.
An Alloy User Port (wall socket) for dry locations.
- Built from tough resin dipped aluminium alloy.
- Any number of user ports can be wired so users can freely moved about the work area.
- Fitted with a tough and robust Amphenol Nexus socket.
- Coloured or IR LED illuminated version available to order.
What is Wire
Wire is a wired intercom that can be adapted to high and low noise systems in a wide range of applications. Industrial, Search and Rescue, Military etc. Wire is a two part technology, a speech processor (ASP) and and intercom unit (MPL). Either can be used separately but usually they work together to make the Wire Intercom system.
What is ‘Wire’
- WIRE is a cable connected Intercom.
- WIRE is supplied as either an ear defender headset or beltpack and headset.
- WIRE uses ASP for clear speech up to 100dB and beyond.
- The intercom is full-duplex. No button pressing, open-mic for all users (optional PTT version).
- WIRE is hubless using Multiple Port Line (MPL) for simplicity and reliability.
- There is no central controller or hub to fail.
- All the technology is in the headsets or belt pack. Should a headset fail it can be swapped by the end user without technical skills or support.
- Wire can be interfaced to two-way radios.
- WIRE is not fussy about its cable, virtually any low cost cable can be used.
- Wire is powered from anywhere along the cable. From battery, vehicle or mains.
- Active speech processing dynamically adjusts the Mic and intercom performance to match ambient sound levels.
- Mic gain is adjusted as background noise varies. More noise and the Mic becomes less sensitive.
- Sounds above a preset level are compressed to prevent distortion and keep speech clear and intelligible.
- The Mic is automatically muted when the user is not talking, this means only the users voice is heard over the intercom and ambient noise is silenced making the system quieter and pleasant to use.
- Multi port line is just that, a single cable with as many headset ports (sockets) along its length that you require. The cable can be linear, star, loop or drop wired.
- The MPL provides power and routes the intercom signal to each headset.
- There is no Intercom controller or ‘Hub’. Wire is hubless with the only electronics being in each headset eliminating a single point of failure cause intercom failure.
- Interference free. MPL is a low impedance, high level signal system resistant to interference even when using plain unshielded and untwisted cable.
- Fully Serviceable
- All Parts available as spares
- Tough and Robust
- Designed for daily use in industry
Click here to view answers to your questions about radio and wireless voice communications.