This is the Industrial version of the Wire Intercom where hearing protection is required for Occupational Health purposes.
Compatible with three variants of the current Peltor ear-defenders, Over-the-Head, Behind-the-Head and Helmet Attached. (Price does NOT inlcude the ear-defenders).
Housed in a tough waterproof epoxy coated alloy housing with side PTT for the optional connected radio. Can also be supplied to accept other defenders or even standard lightweight headsets.
The Defenders are not supplied.
Speak clearly and hands-free under the noisiest conditions. The Wire’ Marine intercom unit is packed with a sophisticated speech processor and full-duplex intercom enabling clear, handsfree speech under noise and demanding conditions.
Rated IP67 and built from glass-filled polymer it has a tough rotating stainless steel clothing clip to attach it to life jacket and wet weather gear.
A large clicking PTT allows use of the boat VHF where the optional radio interface is used.
It accepts a wide range of headsets, ear-defenders and helmet kits to make an intercom that works in a diverse range of environments. It will also accept throat Mics although the ASP makes throat Mics redundant in all but a few applications.
Wire is a wired intercom that can be adapted to high and low noise systems in a wide range of applications. Industrial, Search and Rescue, Military etc. Wire is a two part technology, a speech processor (ASP) and and intercom unit (MPL).
What is ‘Wire’
- WIRE is a cable connected Intercom.
- WIRE is supplied as either an ear defender headset or beltpack and headset.
- WIRE uses ASP for clear speech up to 100dB and beyond.
- The intercom is full-duplex. No button pressing, open-mic for all users (optional PTT version).
- WIRE is hubless using Multiple Port Line (MPL) for simplicity and reliability.
- There is no central controller or hub to fail.
- All the technology is in the headsets or belt pack. Should a headset fail it can be swapped by the end user without technical skills or support.
- Wire can be interfaced to two-way radios.
- WIRE is not fussy about its cable, virtually any low cost cable can be used.
- Wire is powered from anywhere along the cable. From battery, vehicle or mains.
- Active speech processing dynamically adjusts the Mic and intercom performance to match ambient sound levels.
- Mic gain is adjusted as background noise varies. More noise and the Mic becomes less sensitive.
- Sounds above a preset level are compressed to prevent distortion and keep speech clear and intelligible.
- The Mic is automatically muted when the user is not talking, this means only the users voice is heard over the intercom and ambient noise is silenced making the system quieter and pleasant to use.
- Multi port line is just that, a single cable with as many headset ports (sockets) along its length that you require. The cable can be linear, star, loop or drop wired.
- The MPL provides power and routes the intercom signal to each headset.
- There is no Intercom controller or ‘Hub’. Wire is hubless with the only electronics being in each headset eliminating a single point of failure cause intercom failure.
- Interference free. MPL is a low impedance, high level signal system resistant to interference even when using plain unshielded and untwisted cable.
Applications / Other Information
- Fully Serviceable
- All Parts available as spares
- Tough and Robust
- Designed for daily use in industry
Click here to view answers to your questions about radio and wireless voice communications.