LPUP is a combined headset socket, panel mount housing and junction box for simple installation on boats and vehicles.
We can supply this product with Amphenol Nexus (illustrated) non-rotationally aligned connector or a waterproof rotationally keyed connector. Both connectors part under a load of less than 20N protecting cable, connectors and crew. (AKA Snatch plugs).
The short flex allows the connector to easily part regardless of the snatch direction. When not in use it falls downward to allow draining when not in use.
Designed for easy fitting to any panel using simple tools. The cable can be adjusted up to about 40cms to suit a variety of applications. The junction box is hidden behind the panel. It takes seconds and no more than a small flat blade screwdriver to replace the headset socket and cable should it become damaged or corroded.
Any number of these sockets can be fitted to the MPL so crew can move from station to station.
We also have panel mount sockets for where the snatch feature is not required.
Wire is a wired intercom that can be adapted to high and low noise systems in a wide range of applications. Industrial, Search and Rescue, Military etc. Wire is a two part technology, a speech processor (ASP) and and intercom unit (MPL). Either can be used separately but usually they work together to make the Wire Intercom system.
What is ‘Wire’
- WIRE is a cable connected Intercom.
- WIRE is supplied as either an ear defender headset or beltpack and headset.
- WIRE uses ASP for clear speech up to 100dB and beyond.
- The intercom is full-duplex. No button pressing, open-mic for all users (optional PTT version).
- WIRE is hubless using Multiple Port Line (MPL) for simplicity and reliability.
- There is no central controller or hub to fail.
- All the technology is in the headsets or belt pack. Should a headset fail it can be swapped by the end user without technical skills or support.
- Wire can be interfaced to two-way radios.
- WIRE is not fussy about its cable, virtually any low cost cable can be used.
- Wire is powered from anywhere along the cable. From battery, vehicle or mains.
- Active speech processing dynamically adjusts the Mic and intercom performance to match ambient sound levels.
- Mic gain is adjusted as background noise varies. More noise and the Mic becomes less sensitive.
- Sounds above a preset level are compressed to prevent distortion and keep speech clear and intelligible.
- The Mic is automatically muted when the user is not talking, this means only the users voice is heard over the intercom and ambient noise is silenced making the system quieter and pleasant to use.
- Multi port line is just that, a single cable with as many headset ports (sockets) along its length that you require. The cable can be linear, star, loop or drop wired.
- The MPL provides power and routes the intercom signal to each headset.
- There is no Intercom controller or ‘Hub’. Wire is hubless with the only electronics being in each headset eliminating a single point of failure cause intercom failure.
- Interference free. MPL is a low impedance, high level signal system resistant to interference even when using plain unshielded and untwisted cable.
Applications / Other Information
- Fully Serviceable
- All Parts available as spares
- Tough and Robust
- Designed for daily use in industry
Click here to view answers to your questions about radio and wireless voice communications.