Sena SMH10 Factory Reset & Firmware Upgrade
If you experience problems with the SMH10 which cannot be attributed to physical damage or water damage try a factory reset followed by a firmware upgrade.
1. Fault Reset
First try a fault reset. This will restart the processor then switch off the unit. You will need to power it back on normally. It will not loose any pairing data.
2. Factory Reset.
This deletes all pairing data.
- Press and Hold Phone button for 12 seconds until the LED shows solid Red, you hear double beeps and the voice prompt. 'Factory Reset'
- Within 5 seconds press the Jog Dial to confirm reset. The headset will switch off and say 'Headset Reset, Goodbye'.
- If you don't press the Jog Dial the Factory Reset is cancelled.
3. Firmware Upgrade
Open your internet browser and go to: Sena.com. And then to the Support area where you find the latest firmware.
Follow the instructions to upgrade the Firmware
This will have unlocked the universal pairing feature.
- Turn your SMH10 on (make sure you have the speakers/boom attached).
- Press and hold the 'jog dial' until you hear the voice say 'Universal Pairing Mode'. Release the jog dial.
- Put your secondary Bluetooth device into pairing mode.