Sena SMH10. Pairing to other Bluetooth helmet kits (including Cardo)
Firstly check your Sena SMH10 Firmware is up to date. Firmware is the embedded software. Sena frequently add features and remove bogs so an upgrade is essential
Open your internet browser and go to: Sena.com. And then to the Support area where you find the latest firmware.
Follow the instructions to upgrade the Firmware
This will have unlocked the universal pairing feature.
- Turn your SMH10 on (make sure you have the speakers/boom attached).
- Press and hold the 'jog dial' until you hear the voice say 'universal pairing mode'. Release the jog dial.
- Put your secondary Bluetooth device into pairing mode.
If using Cardo as your second device, if possible upgrade the Cardo firmware too.
- Put your Cardo device into mobile phone/other device pairing mode by turning it on.
- Press and hold the mobile button for ~6 seconds until the LED flashes blue/red alternately.
Unfortunately this is the same button to power the device on/off so it may take a couple of attempts to get it into pairing mode.
It is worth consulting the Cardo manual to make sure you're pairing correctly as it has a variety of pairing options.